Friday 22 April 2016

A little about me...

Hey guys,

I went down my blog list and realised that I haven't written a blog post introducing me. So, please let me get right to it.

My name's Tokana and I'm 26 (soon to be 27) years of age, and I live in Victoria, Australia.

I am originally from Victoria, but moved up to New South Wales at a young age with my mother and stepfather, where we stayed for the majority of my life. I went to primary (elementary) and high school (middle and high school combined) there and made friends. Before moving back to Victoria, where most of my family are located, I started to volunteer in child care centres and began studying for my Certificate 3 in Children's Services, which I finished down here in Victoria. I graduated at the end of 2012, and have been working in child care since.

Have I done anything else before I realised that I wanted to do child care? Yes. I did work experience at a video shop, which was nice, but I needed more interaction with people, and also at my local vets. In a small town we all know each other, and because my dog had some special needs, and also picked up by people who thought she had run away from home (they picked her up in front of our house), she was well known at the vets. It's through there that I birthed a calf (I helped, not actually giving birth to it). It was the greatest experience of my life! No, it wasn't glamorous (far from it), but it was life changing. I also did work experience at a canoe adventures place, but nothing was as memorable as the vets.

I've had some wonderful experiences volunteering at child care centres in New South Wales and met some truly great people. I wouldn't change that experience for the world!

Once graduating, I looked for work and then began working in the child care industry as a casual through an agency.

During that time, my mother convinced me to do my Diploma in Screen and Media, because I was always fascinated by technology, in particular cameras and film making. That took two years to complete, and even though I've finished the course, I'm about to officially graduate from the course next month. It's exciting!

I decided to take a break from working this year because I'd made the decision to further my career in child care and study for my Diploma in Early Childhood and Care. It should take me about two years to complete that, as I'm studying part-time.

I have a boyfriend named David, and he's lovely. We've been going out for nearly a year now.
In case you're wondering, I don't have any children yet, and neither does he. Hopefully there will be the pitter-patter of little feet one day!

Now that you know a little more about me, what about you? Let me know a little something about yourselves. It doesn't need to be too personal, or long. One or two paragraphs about yourselves will suffice.

Just so you know, any and all comments containing bullying will not be tolerated and will therefore be deleted.

As a side note: while I am a qualified child care worker, I do not consider myself an expert, nor am I a doctor. Any advise that I give is purely my own and nobody else's, unless stated, and should no way substitute for that of your child's teacher or medical professional.

Until next time,
Tokana

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear reader,

    How are you ? I think you very well. Thanks for sharing this awesome blog.With increasing numbers of working mothers, Australia's children's services system in demand more than ever before.To learn more about child care education and certificate see-certificate iii in child care

    Best regards
    Alexandra Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear sir/madam,

    How are you ? I think you very well. Thanks for sharing this awesome blog.Professional development is the development of new skills, experience and knowledge. You can use it to advance your career in the child care sector.Take look at a glance-certificate iii in child care

    Best regards
    Loren jasika

    ReplyDelete