Saturday 21 March 2015

Sorry I have been M.I.A.

Hello families,

So, I have been M.I.A. for quite a while now. I am studying for my Diploma in Screen and Media for the last year and a bit. That doesn't mean that I am done with child care, or coming up with awesome ideas, but it just means that I am busier.

This course involves learning how to shoot a live-to-air program, as well as pre-shot packages (also known as segments). Think "Sunrise," "the Today Show" or even news programs. "A Current Affair" is supposedly live, but all of the packages that they air are, in fact, pre-shot. It's the same with programs like "the Project," (formerly known as "The 7pm Project"), "60 Minutes," "Sunday Night," and "Nine News," among others. My fellow classmates and I have to come produce our own individual episodes of a magazine-style show, which all have a running theme or format.

This series may end up being broadcast on the community-based Channel 31, depending on whether the boss of the channel deems our series broadcast-worthy (meaning that the quality's good etc.), and the fact that the future of Channel 31 is uncertain - hopefully it'll remain, whether on TV or online, and we'll be able to broadcast live.

For my episode, which I'm not only producing, but directing, I need to produce two packages before my air date. Since all of the packages need to be shot within the Greater Melbourne area, I thought about doing a segment (package) on Scienceworks in the suburb of Spotswood. It's difficult, as we can't promote a business, but there are stories we can do within businesses such as Scienceworks.

I have no idea what I'm going to base my second pattern on. Looking after children is my passion and I would love to do my second package involving children and the joy they get out of doing something. However, I'm drawing a blank on the rest. If any of you parents/families/carers have a story which you'd like some light shined upon (no political stories, please, as bad as the child care benefit and stuff may be), please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment